Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk have reportedly agreed to terms for an undisputed heavyweight title fight in London at Wembley Stadium on April 29, 2023.
In a video posted to Instagram on Friday, Fury told Usyk that he had agreed to the terms of the proposed deal. As it stands now, Fury will receive 70% of the split with Usyk receiving the remaining 30% of the split. To complete the deal, Fury will donate $1 million of his earnings to the people of Ukraine as Russia works to invade the European nation.
“Hey greedy belly, I accept your offer, 70/30 split to fight on April 29 at Wembley,” Usyk wrote on Instagram.
“But you will promise to donate 1 million pounds to Ukraine immediately after the fight. And for every day of your delay, you will pay 1 % from your purse to the Ukrainian people. Deal?”
If the fight is finalized, Usyk will have an opportunity to become the first male boxer of the four-belt era to win undisputed titles in two weight classes. He won the undisputed cruiserweight title in 2018. One year later, he moved up to another weight division. As a heavyweight, he has beaten Derek Chisora and Anthony Joshua twice.
Usyk’s potential opponent, Tyson Fury, will enter the ring with a perfect record of 34-0-1. Since he fought Deontay Wilder to a draw in 2018, he has beaten Otto Wallin, Dillian Whyte, Tom Schwarz, Derek Chisora and Deontay Wilder twice.