Golfing – A Fun and Easy Way for a Healthier Body
You might be wondering how golfing can help you better your health. The answer to this question is quite simple as it is a sport which is very much different than other games that require a bulk of stamina. Golf- known proudly as the “Gentleman’s Game” is not only fun, unique, and interesting but also helps you maintain your perfect physique without costing you joint health. To support my statements here are 5 healthy benefits written by golfer pro Bobby Hurst for playing golf listed below.
Golf – A Stress and Anxiety Reliever
Nowadays society and the environment in which we live in is full of chaos, depression, and gloominess. To keep yourself happy, healthy, and fit we must need our minds at peace as our physical fitness is of no value if our mental health is even slightly disturbed.
Among many other ways of fighting depression and anxiety golfing has also proved its positive effect in this department. Some of these acts as anti-stress and anti-anxiety treatment.
• More than a hundred acres of open, fresh, and grassy fields of golf always work their magic in providing peace of mind.
• It is a scientifically proven fact that fresh air, greenery, and nature boost up your serotonin and endorphin levels that generate a sense of happiness and liveliness within your mind and body.
• It provides the best distraction from your thoughts whilst you enjoy your time playing, laughing, and interacting with your friends.
• All the mental peace that you gain from playing golf helps you sleep quickly at night keeping you away from your depressive thoughts.
Golf – Healthy Support for your Joints and Muscles
Golf is an exceptionally unique game that is very much different from other sports that require complete energy, draining you out physically and mentally, exhausting your muscles, bones, and joints making them vulnerable and prone to fractures. This sport is a safe-low-risk-injury-sport that doesn’t compromise your joint and bone health.
The many plus sides of golf that contributes to a better and healthy skeletal support are the following:
• As compared to other sports golf is the safest for your body no matter your age or whether you are a teenager or an above 50s person. The low levels of bone fractures and joint ruptures or sprains are fact.
• The chances of accidents and injuries are minimal as you do not have to chase or run after a rock-hard ball to catch it or hit it with your feet.
• No rash rugby chases, fast running, sudden and speedy moves that might cause your ankle, wrist, or shoulder joint dislocations.
• This game is more of a strategy and calculation rather than excessive physical performance. It only involves the required healthy movement of joints and muscles to keep them fit and active.
Golf – Providing a Strong Physical Build
Besides its safety benefits and support for bones and muscles playing golf keeps you in good shape inside out. The following health benefits that playing golf executes on your body are:
• Without any over-exertions, the walking, pivoting, striking, hitting, and swinging movements keeps a perfect balance of action within your muscles. Thus, good for muscle strength especially in strengthening the leg muscles like quadriceps.
• It is known that some walking and crouching exercises involved in golf help strengthen your bladder muscles making your bladder stronger and fit.
• No vigorous exercises that will drain out your entire stamina. The light walking exercise is more than enough to keep the body’s skeletal and muscular framework in perfect shape and mobility.
Golf – Boosting your Heart, Gut, Brain, and Sight
The main systems for your body whose proper functioning is very essential for health. These four major systems, the heart, the gut, the brain, and your vision run your whole body and completes you. Thus, it is greatly important to keep a check on your health profile to ensure the proper working of these organ systems.
It is a known fact that the people who play golf on a routine basis have a healthier profile, they are physically fit, not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Some improvements that golfing does on our bodies follow:
• Walking- a full course of exercise has a great effect on our body. The vast fields of a golf courses provide you with a suitable natural environment for walking. The long walks burn up thousands of calories and extra body fat. In short, making your heart work better pumping blood more efficiently decreasing your chances of heart disease.
• Increased efficiency of your heart also boost up your blood supply to the brain and nervous system thus improving your brain activity.
• Golfers need a keen vision to spot the tiny golf ball from yards away. Thus, better brain functioning and proper blood supply for improve vision.
• Walking miles carrying your golf bag is a very effective way to lose weight by burning up to 2000 calories per walk.
Golf – A Source of Socializing
People crave attention, so company and playing a good game of golf in a fresh natural environment with your friends can make your day. Some healthy benefits related to golf are,
The natural outdoor environment of a golf course is always pleasing and motivates you to enjoy with your family and friends. The time you are playing with your friends and family you feel nothing but happiness and freshness in your body and soul. The quality time you spend with other people in a playful natural setting for some time makes you forget all your worries and freshens your mind, body, and mood like nothing else.