The WNBA has announced the ten players that will start in the 2022 WNBA All-Star Game have been announced. New York Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu, Las Vegas Aces’ Kelsey Plum, and Jackie Young will make their debut in the central event of the All-Star festivities.
AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022 Starters and Captains have been announced!
Full release ? https://t.co/EUMSnxufmE
— WNBA (@WNBA) June 22, 2022
Sue Bird, also selected, continues to extend his record as the player with the most All-Star selections in the WNBA history with 13 total. Only Tamika Catchings and Diana Taurasi, each with 10 selections, are the closest players to Bird.
The rest of the list goes as follows:
- Sue Bird (13th selection)
- Sylvia Fowles (8th selection)
- Candace Parker (7th selection)
- Nneka Ogwumike (7th selection)
- Breanna Stewart (4th selection)
- A’ja Wilson (4th selection)
- Jonquel Jones (4th selection)
- Sabrina Ionescu (1st selection)
- Kelsey Plum (1st selection)
- Jackie Young (1st selection)
In addition, WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert named Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner as an honorary All-Star and starter.
Now, the coaches will start voting to decide the remaining 12 All-Stars and the announcement will be made on Tuesday, June 28.
The WNBA All-Star Game will be played at Wintrust Arena in Chicago on Sunday, July 10