Woodstock 50 has been officially canceled. Festival organizers announced Wednesday, that Woodstock will no longer take place. In a statement, Michael Lang, co-founder of Woodstock said,
“We are saddened that a series of unforeseen setbacks has made it impossible to put on the Festival we imagined with the great line-up we had booked and the social engagement we were anticipating.”
Greg Peck, an investor in Woodstock 50 also said in a statement, “The unfortunate dispute with our financial partner and the resulting legal proceedings set us off course at a critical juncture, throwing a wrench in our plans and forcing us to find an alternate venue to Watkins Glen.”
“The timing meant we had few choices where our artists would be able to perform. We worked hard to find a way to produce a proper tribute—and some great artists came aboard over the last week to support Woodstock 50—but time simply ran short.”
The news comes after artists like JAY-Z, Miley Cyrus, and John Fogerty have pulled out of the festival. Woodstock 50 was originally slated to take place August 16 to August 18 in New York and then relocated to Maryland. The festival faced numerous issues including financial and venue complications.