There is a misconception among job seekers that employment agencies only have entry-level or temporary job opportunities while others believe that they never offer benefits to them. To be honest, nothing is true!
Practically, job seekers are free to use any type of staffing agency as per the type of job they are looking for. Some specialize in offering permanent jobs while others have a lot of part-time jobs.
Employment agencies Toronto work as an intermediary for both employers and job seekers, meaning that they can employ everyone from labor or entry-level workers to business executives. So, let’s explore these agencies and how to bring the best out of their services.
How Does an Employment Agency Work?
These agencies are created to help companies find the perfect match for their requirements. They are responsible for bridging the gap between job seekers and employers so that both parties can find the right matches. Employment agencies Toronto starts by screening candidates followed by interviews of the shortlisted ones. Once the agency is sure about their skills and expertise, details will be sent to the respective employer for further process. Now, it depends upon the company whether they decide to hire candidates for a temporary or permanent job. In the latter case, the job agency Toronto stops to compensate job seekers since they have got a better source. Other than that, employment agencies Toronto pride themselves for offering the following advantages:
• Free to use: Companies are the real client for these agencies and therefore, candidates have no liability to pay them for the services.
• Responsible for job hunt: When job seekers sign up to an agency, they need to know about experience and skills in order to customize the job hunt accordingly. The best part is, staffing agencies are aware of job openings that are not publically available. They have contacts with various employers and therefore, have a huge list of job openings.
• Variety: There are two types of agencies- one specializes in particular industries while others have generic jobs for everyone. These opportunities range from permanent to short-term positions.
• Benefits are countless: These agencies offer a wide array of benefits after job seekers have served for a couple of hours or days. They may include retirement plans, tuition
reimbursement or health insurance.
• Provide feedback: Professional job agencies used to provide feedback during the
recruitment process so that candidates can make respective changes or improve themselves for better chances to get hired
Types of Jobs
Some job seekers think that staffing agencies only offer temporary administrative and secretarial jobs. They are only responsible for finding appropriate general labor jobs in Toronto. What they do not realize is that these agencies have an approach to numerous employers and therefore, can assist in finding whatever type of job candidates want.
Normally, they have:
• Temporary jobs: Employers often need a temporary workforce to meet their seasonal targets or fill up vacant positions due to an employee’s period of leave of absence.
• Temp-to-Hire Jobs: The agencies also pride themselves on offering such temp jobs that
encourage employees to get a permanent spot in the company. In other words, these types
of jobs have the potential to convince employers to hire an employee permanently.
• Permanent Jobs: Quite a few companies opt to fill permanent positions. These types of
agencies usually work like traditional recruiters and try to find, interview and select
candidates as per company’s requirements.
Tips to Find a Trusted Staffing Agency
While searching for a reliable recruitment agency, it’s necessary to know where they exactly deal in and whether they offer permanent, temporary or temp-to-hire jobs. It’s better to check out online directories or ask for referrals to always land on the right agency.
Before making a final decision, the rule of thumb is to questions a few questions; like what services make them different from others, what types of jobs they offer, which industries they deal in and an average time taken to employ a candidate. Don’t think that some details are not important and asking them would be a mistake. Rather, job seekers should ask whatever comes in their mind without giving a second though as maybe, it could help them in making the right decision.