Terence “Bud” Crawford is no longer the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. On Thursday, November 9, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) stripped the Omaha native of one of his titles. The federation argued that Crawford must defend his title against the interim champion, Jaron “Boots” Ennis, instead of moving forward with his contractually obligated rematch against Errol Spence Jr.
“Man, f*ck the IBF! That’s what I say,” Crawford told a group of reporters in Las Vegas, Nevada earlier this month.
“You know what I mean? F*ck the IBF and [their] organization.”
Ennis has used his newly secured world title as an opportunity to push for a fight with Crawford. During a recent interview, the Philadelphia called for the three-division champion to “come get [his] belt back.”
“Come get your belt back if you think you’re the best in the world,” Ennis said.
While Ennis may want a fight with Crawford, it appears the Omaha native is headed toward a second fight with Errol Spence Jr. next year. If he is to emerge with another win, the Omaha native appears to be interested in a fight with super middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. As for Ennis, he appears to have no intention in following Crawford to a new division. Instead, he remains focused on the welterweight division.
“I just gotta keep winning and keep making noise,” Ennis said.
“Keep stepping on these guys. They gotta see me.”