Looking for personalized perfume, but don’t have a lot to spend? Perfume is a luxury that’s worth every penny, but sometimes, you just don’t have the funds to buy a designer fragrance.
Fortunately, there are ways to buy personalized perfume without spending a small fortune. Here are some tips.
Know What You Want
Before you start exploring different scents, take a moment to think about what you want. What types of scents do you prefer?
How do you plan to wear the perfume? Will it be for daytime, everyday use, or for date nights?
If you know the types of scents you prefer and when you’ll wear them, it will be much easier to narrow down your choices.
If you just start looking for perfumes without any idea of what you want, then you may find yourself overwhelmed by all the choices and unable to make a decision.
Test Out Different Scents
Once you have a better idea of what you want, you can start testing out fragrances. If you have the option to buy the perfume in person, consider doing it. This way, you can test out the fragrance to see how it smells on you personally. You can’t rely on the perfume’s description alone when making your purchase.
If you’re ordering online, consider buying a sample. Some perfumers will offer free samples.
· If you’re testing a fragrance on your skin, try spraying the tops of your arms instead of your wrists. Certain types of jewelry can alter a fragrance. Wear the fragrance for the rest of the day and see how it smells after a few hours.
· If you’re using blotting papers, allow the paper to dry completely before smelling it. Allowing the perfume to dry will also allow all of the notes to develop.
If you’re going on a testing spree, make sure that you have a way to clear your nose in between each test. In between tests, stop to smell your skin or your clothes to “reset” your nose.
When testing out perfumes, you may be wondering why you should wait so long to determine whether you like a fragrance. The answer comes down to the notes in the perfume. The base and middle notes take some time to develop.
· The top notes are what you smell immediately after spraying the perfume.
· Middle notes emerge after the top notes start to fade and last for 10-60 minutes.
· Base notes emerge after the middle notes fade and can last several hours.
Take Your Time Choosing a Fragrance
If you truly want a personalized fragrance and you’re on a tight budget, take your time when choosing your scent. Don’t rush the process. If you don’t choose a scent that you absolutely love, you may regret it.
Try different fragrances from different sources. Make sure that you give each scent enough time to develop before making your final decision on whether or not you like it.
Narrow down all of your choices until you’re down to a single fragrance.
Wait for Sales, Samples or Travel Spray
Once you’ve chosen a fragrance, you may be tempted to run right out and buy it. But if you’re on a shoestring budget, you may not be able to afford a full-size retail bottle. High-end fragrances are especially expensive.
If you’re on a tight budget, try:
· Waiting for sales. Holidays are great times to look for perfume sales, but check retailers periodically or sign up for newsletters to be alerted of deals.
· Order samples. You can order samples of the fragrance you love. It won’t last long, but if you only need it for a special occasion, it may be worth it just to buy a sample vial of the fragrance.
· Buy travel sprays or mini sizes. Some perfume makers offer smaller-sized bottles that may be more affordable than their full-size counterparts.
Waiting for sales or buying smaller sizes are two great ways to score personalized fragrances at affordable prices.
Buying perfume is a process that shouldn’t be rushed, especially if you only have a limited budget to spend on your scent. Make it worth your while by taking your time and ensuring that you only choose a fragrance that you absolutely adore.