Welcome to another edition of Def Pen’s daily NBA fantasy breakdown series. Today I will break down two top plays at each position as well as give a few other notable plays of the night. I will be using FanDuel’s scoring system and lineup format as that is my personal preference.
- Chris Paul $8,400: Paul and the Clippers have gone through a bit of rough stretch, but with his price as low as it is combined with the fact that he is going up against a horrendous defense in the New York Knicks make CP3 my top point guard play of the night.
- Elfrid Payton $7,300: Elf has been on an absolute tear as of late, averaging nearly 40 FanDuel points per game over his last 7 contests. With his price still below 7.5k, I would suggest continuing to ride the hot play of Payton.
Other Notable PG Plays: Stephen Curry $9,900, Russell Westbrook $13,400, Terry Rozier $4,000
- James Harden $12,200: Harden has dropped back to back 40 point triple double nights in a row. He is also facing the team who he just dismantled in the Nuggets, putting up 63 FanDuel points in the effort. It would be smart to find a way to get Harden into your lineups tonight.
- Tim Hardaway JR $5,600: In the past 9 contests Hardaway has averaged 20.0 points while shooting a 50.8 FG percentage. Along with the fact that he is going to probably get the start with Kent Bazemore ruled out, and attain a much higher usage, THJ is a very good value play tonight.
Other Notable SG Plays: Bradley Beal $8,100, Klay Thompson $7,000, Marcus Smart $6,300
- Taurean Prince $3,700: I’ve already mentioned the fact that Kent Bazemore has been ruled out. With weak options at the SF spot tonight, and Prince putting up 20+ fantasy points in his last two contests this makes for a very good value play that could allow you to fit some of the more expensive players into your lineup.
- Joe Johnson $3,900: I’m just going to stick with the value play highlight on the small forwards here. Joe has put up 5x his price value (3.9 x 5) in 4 straight contests and figures to do the same again tonight.
Other Notable SF Plays: Andre Iguodala $4,900, Jae Crowder $5,900, Robert Covington $7,200
- Ersan Ilyasova $4,500: Paul Millsap has already been ruled out for this game, last game when Millsap was absent Ersan put up 34.3 FanDuel points. Ilyasova should be a lock in everyone’s lineups tonight.
- Dario Saric $7,800: Saric continues his rookie of the year surge, carrying this 76ers team each and every night. With a matchup against the Magic who have given up the 2nd most fantasy points per game in their last 10 contests to opposing power forwards, the homie Dario is one of the most enticing plays of the night.
Other Notable PF Plays: Draymond Green $8,100, Blake Griffin $8,700, Nikola Jokic $10,500
- Al Horford $6,600: In the past two games in which Isaiah Thomas hasn’t played, Horford has put up a total of 89.2 FanDuel points. With more of the offense being run through him and a price tag that low, Horford is one of my favorite plays of the night.
- Dwight Howard $6,800: Another play that is made great by injury. Millsap missing the last game allowed for more opportunities for Dwight which he took advantage of, posting 39.5 FanDuel points. With Millsap absent again, Howard is a very good play tonight.
Other Notable C Plays: Mason Plumlee $6,100, Rudy Gobert $7,900, Nikola Vucevic $8,000
As always with NBA Daily Fantasy make sure that you keep up with injuries and other breaking news before the lineups lock. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or want my updated lineup, feel free to contact me on Twitter.
All stats and data courtesy of RotoWire
My Personal Lineup of the Night (Note: subject to change based on news):