After winning two Emmys last night for directing and acting in his television show Atlanta, Donald Glover spoke about the possibility of a joint project with Chance the Rapper.
In an interview with reporters after the awards show, Glover talked about all of the hats he’s worn in entertainment: actor, director, rapper, singer and comedian. When talking about music, Glover said he doesn’t want to make anything that feels forced or rushed. Glover, without being asked, gave an answer to a question that has been on the minds of fans for a long time:
“I feel like if I don’t make a Chance the Rapper mixtape, like a double mixtape, a bunch of 14-year-olds will kick my ass,” Glover said.
— Susan Cheng (@scheng_) September 18, 2017
The above tweet was retweeted by Chance on his official Twitter page. Rumors of the two collaborating had been floating around since 2014. In December 2016, Chance said in an interview with Zane Lowe that “the tape is not done or close to being done, but it will come out.”
As busy as the two of them have been as individuals, getting together in the studio would be a task in itself. Glover is set to star in an upcoming Star Wars movie about Han Solo. Chance has become more involved with helping Chicago Public Schools. Last night marked the first time since 2014 that Glover has spoken about the potential mixtape. Fans will just have to wait and see.